Terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY – AUSTRALIAN FAMILY
Dear Users, you may be using our website to look for information or articles on parenting, health issues, family issues and the like or you may be interested in reading or contributing to the forum discussions.
These Terms and Conditions (“terms”), as amended from time to time, form an agreement between you, the user, and Australian Family and Family Pack Services Pty Ltd which operates Australian Family publication and website. Whenever you use our website to look at information or articles on our website or take part in the forums you agree to be bound by these terms.
You should look at these terms regularly, as they may be amended, without notice. Any queries about these terms should be directed to Australian Family ph. (03) 9819 6777.
Included in these terms are the following:
2. Product purchase terms and conditions
3. Copyright information
5. Forum rights and obligations
6. Giveaway/Survey information.
Any personal information that you submit to Australian Family is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 but may be disclosed to a third party:
a) to the extent necessary, to provide the service you have requested or to meet the purpose for which it was submitted; or
b) if we have informed you of a particular third party to whom it will be disclosed, at the time of collection; or
c) if the disclosure is required by law or permitted by the Privacy Act 1988.
You have the right to access and request correction of any personal information concerning you pursuant to Privacy Act 1988. You also have the right to request destruction or deletion of any information concerning you pursuant to Privacy Act 1988. If you wish to exercise either of the above rights please contact Australian Family on (03) 9819 6777.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You will acknowledge and consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information in circumstances that are:
b) clearly explained to you at the time when the information is collected from you; or
c) permitted under the Privacy Act 1988.
We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act 1988.
We may disclose statistical information collected on the website and will ensure that it does not identify the details of any particular individual user for marketing and/or advertising purposes.
Click stream Data
Click stream paths are the paths a user takes when navigating a web page or the Internet in general.
When you visit our web site our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical information – the entrance into the site, what pages are visited, how long a user spends on a page and what search criteria they enter in forms within the page. The Internet Service Provider does not record any personal information about the user such as their internet address etc.
Procedures for Complaints
If you have any queries concerning any of the above, or if you have any complaints please do not hesitate to contact Australian Family on (03) 9819 6777.
PRODUCT PURCHASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Returns, Credits and Refunds
Making a claim: If you wish to make a claim for a replacement product, refund or credit because:
1. you believe that an item, which was ordered by you and which was in stock, has not been provided; or
2. you are not satisfied with the quality of the goods you have purchased, you must call Australian Family Customer Care Centre on 03 9819 6777 within 24 hours from the end of the period during which the Goods were scheduled for delivery (or collection).
An Australian Family Customer Care representative will assess your claim for a replacement product, credit or refund of the purchase price. Australian Family reserves the right to inspect the goods before making the assessment. Australian Family will not pick up any goods that you do not accept and which you have not returned.
Credits: Credit for the value of any goods that you send back or credits applied for any other reason (including customer care or promotional activity), will be applied to your credit card used to purchase the product.
2. Price of Goods and Payment
Purchase price: The purchase price of the goods as shown on the Product List is the purchase price which is applicable at the time you view it. The Retail price for Wise Talk For Families is $29.95 (Inclusive of GST). The retail price for Recessiate is $29.95 (Inclusive of GST)
Delivery Fee: You must pay the Delivery Fee in respect of each Order. The price for delivery will be: If one item is purchased the fee will be $7.00 for standard postage, if 2 - 6 items are purchased the fee will be $12.00 (In total) for standard postage. For Express Postage, if one item is purchased the fee will be $9.90 for standard postage, if 2 - 6 items are purchased the fee will be $14.90.
Total price of Goods: Goods in Your Order are charged at the purchase price applicable at the time you submit your order and as shown on the order confirmation, except:
1. if a good is out of stock, in which case you will not be charged for that good;
Tax invoice: Upon delivery of the goods, Australian Family will provide you with a tax invoice specifying the total price for the goods, including credits applied and the Delivery Fee.
Method of payment: At the time you place the order, you will be required to select your payment method being online payment by credit. Unless otherwise agreed, in order to receive the goods you have ordered, payment must be received by the
Online Payment by Credit Card: You may pay for the goods at the time you place the order by providing your credit card details on the Australian Family web site and Australian Family will process your payment using your credit card (MasterCard, MasterCard, Visa).
The payment will be processed as we prepare the order for delivery, which in most cases will be the day of delivery but may be the day prior to delivery.
If your credit card is declined by your financial institution, Australian Family will not be able to guarantee delivery on the date or in the delivery window you selected and may contact you to make alternative delivery and payment arrangements.
If the order is cancelled or refunded, the credit will be processed on the next business day. Australian Family may decline to accept payment from you by credit card for any reason, and is not required to give reasons.
If Australian Family declines to accept payment from you by credit card, the order will not be processed and you will not be contacted. If you agree to make payment by another method that is acceptable to Australian Family, Australian Family may process the order or any further orders.
3. Delivery and Shipping
Delivery Fee: You must pay the Delivery Fee in respect of each Order.
Australian Family will use Australia Post to deliver your goods. Delivery will be my standard Parcel post and you must allow between 3 -10 days for delivery. You may however elect to have your goods delivered by express post.
Australian Family will not be responsible for lost or failed deliveries by Australia Post. Australian Family, will however use its best endeavours to locate any lost parcels. Standard postage will request a signature when delivered.
If you elect Express post allow between 1 -4 days delivery (Depending upon you location).
Australian Family will refund or replace any stock lost or that has failed to be delivered if you elect the express post option. Australian Family will however, need to confirm that Australia Post has NOT delivered the items. Please refer to point 1.
Australian Family is the name of the publication and website operated by Family Pack Services Pty Ltd, ABN 080050166 . The company is a separate and distinct legal entity. Australian Family and Family Pack Services Pty Ltd reserves all their rights, including copyright and intellectual property rights and trademarks. For permission to use or reproduce any of the information contained in this website, please contact Australian Family.
The information on our website is intended as a first point of reference only and should not be relied on as professional medical, health or parenting advice. The user should always revert to an appropriate professional, ether in the medical or appropriate field for specific advice relating to their specific problem.
Australian Family and the company advises that the information and advice contained in the articles, views and forums on our website do not necessarily reflect our own views. It is the users responsibility to use their own experience and common sense in determining the course of action they will take. You should always refer to a professional adviser (medical or otherwise) for specific advice.
Our website may sometimes contain references to other websites and Australian family does not vouch for the validity or authority or authenticity of this information and you agree to use this information at your own risk.
The laws of Victoria and Australia apply in relation to any issues which arise regarding the use of this website.
FORUM RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
Users of the Australian Family website are able to participate in discussions on our forum pages, either by browsing topics of discussion or posting their own opinions on the website. Any user who participates in a forum in these ways agrees and is required to:
1. Accept these terms and conditions in relation to the use of the forum, including but not limited to accepting full liability for their posted opinion;
2. Provide certain personal information, such as their name, telephone number and e-mail address. If you do not wish to supply this information, you will not be permitted to post an opinion on the forum pages;
3. Permit Australian Family, at their absolute discretion and with no recourse against Australian Family, to remove any information or comments or any other material posted which is, in our opinion, dangerous, in poor taste, contains inappropriate or offensive language, is abusive, disrespectful of another person’s religious, political or other opinions, or is in any other way unacceptable to Australian Family.
4. Agree that Australian Family has full authority to terminate the users ability to participate in these forums for the reasons explained in No. 3 above;
5. Agrees not to publicise any goods or services on our forums and if Australian Family considers material to contravene these terms, this material can be removed by them, at any time and at their absolute discretion;
6. Use appropriate language;
7. Defer from reproducing or copying in any way the views of any other person or entity which has already been produced in another publication or website or in any way whatsoever breaching Australian or other copyright laws of other countries. It is the users responsibility to inform themselves of these laws and requirements.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Australian Family Readers Survey – Edition 31 - Summer 2012
1. Entry is only open to residents of Australia. Employees and their immediate families of Promoter and its associated agencies are ineligible. To enter, consumers must fully complete the official survey form located on the Australian Family website at www.australianfamily.com.au, complete the following - "In 25 words or less explain which article in the Summer 2012/13 issue of Australian Family magazine gave you the best advice for your family life." and submit online. Limit of one entry per person. No responsibility accepted for lost/late/misdirected entries.
2. Commences 23rd November 2012 and closes 11.59pm 28th March 2013. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining winner. Each entry individually judged based on creative and literary merit. Judges' decision is final.
3. The best entry from all entries received, as determined by the judges, will win and Apple iPod Touch (8Gb) and an Apple iPad (16Gb WiFi). The prize is valued at up to AU$997.00.
4. Total prize pool valued up to AU$997.00. Prize values correct at date of publication and Promoter accepts no responsibility for variation in prize value. Prizes not transferable and cannot be taken as cash. Prize must be claimed by 4th May 2013.
5. The winner will be notified by 13th April 2013. The Promoter collects Eligible Entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the Eligible Entrant may not participate in the promotion. By entering, unless ticking the box on the entry form, each Eligible Entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, or disclose it to other organisations that may use it, in any media for future marketing or promotional purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Eligible Entrant, including sending the Eligible Entrant electronic messages. Eligible Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter’s Privacy Officer at the address set out in point 9 below.
6. In the event of any unclaimed prizes, the Promoter may judge the entries again and select new winner/s at the same time and place as the original competition judging on 13 May 2013. Unclaimed prizes will be subject to any written directions given under applicable trade promotion laws and regulations. The winner/s will be notified by mail within 7 days and their name/s will be published on the Australian Family website. Judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. If winner of major prize is under 18 yrs, prize awarded to winner's parent/guardian.
8. Promoter not liable for loss/damage suffered (included but not limited to indirect/consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered/sustained, as a result of accepting prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
9. Promoter is Australian Family Magazine P/L (ACN 081005389), Level 1, 554 Burwood Road, Hawthorn, Vic, 3122.
AUSTRALIAN FAMILY GREAT GIVEAWAYS: Edition 31 - Summer 2012
1. Entries only open to residents of Australia. Employees & immediate family of promoter & associated agencies are ineligible. To enter, consumers must obtain a copy of the Summer 2012 edition of Australian Family Magazine and provide the following details; 1: Name and full postal address, 2: Contact number, 3: Email address 4. Phone number 5: Nominate which prize draw they would like to enter and 6: Answer the following question in 25 words or less – which article did you like best and why? How to enter: visit www.australianfamily.com.au/greatgiveaways and complete the designated fields. The competition commences on Friday 23 November 2012 and closes 11.59pm Thursday, 28th March 2013.
2. Entries will be judged on 9th April 2013 at Australian Family. Winners will be notified by email and or phone. Judges decision is final. Winners must respond to the winning notification within 14 days to receive their prize.
3. There are a total of 36 prizes/packs to be won within 4 competitions.
4. PRIZE 1 consists of 12 x Thalgo Bronzing Powders valued at $39.00 each.
PRIZE 2 consists of 10 x Lego Duplo Bricks and Books Packs valued at $24.99 rrp each
PRIZE 3 consists of 10 x Eveready Dolphin Torch and Battery packs valued at approx. $50 each.
PRIZE 4 consists of 4 x Bosisto’s Eucalyptus solution packs consisting of Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Solution, Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Spray, Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Oil 200mL, Bosisto’s Tea Tree Solution, Bosisto’s Tea Tree Spray, Bosisto’s Lavender Solution, Bosisto’s Lavender Spray, Bosisto’s Laundry Powder 1.5kg, Bosisto’s Allergen Laundry Liquid 500mL, Bosisto’s Pre-Wash 200g, Bosisto’s Dust Mite Wash 220mL, Bosisto’s Wool Wash 500mL, New Edition Book: ‘Eucalyptus Oil – Australia’s Natural Wonder’, Bosisto’s Environmentally Friendly
Carry Bag, Bosisto’s Parrot, Laundry Basket, Wool Duster, Rubber Gloves, Cleaning Scourer - valued at $280.
5. Prize values correct at date of publication & promoter accepts no responsibility for variation in prize values. Total prize pool valued at minimum of AU$2,348.70. Prizes not transferable & cannot be taken as cash.
6. One entry per prize draw per person.
7. Promoter not liable for loss / damage suffered (including but not limited to indirect / consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered/sustained, as a result of accepting a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
8. The Promoter collects Eligible Entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the Eligible Entrant may not participate in the promotion. By entering, unless otherwise advised, each Eligible Entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, or disclose it to other organisations that may use it, in any media for future promotional purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Eligible Entrant, including sending the Eligible Entrant electronic messages. If the winner is under the age of 18 years the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
9. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
10. The promoter is Australian Family Magazine P/L (ABN 80 081 005 389), 554 Burwood Road, Hawthorn, Vic, 3122.
Cup a Soup Parent Survey Competition
Please click here for full terms and conditions of entry to the Cup a Soup Parent Survey Competition
World Kids Colouring Day - Staedtler Prize Pack competition
For full terms and condition of entry please click here.